Should You Use Chemicals or Organic Holding Tank Treatments?
If you’re here, you’ve probably already come across dozens of great articles debating the best and most cost effective methods for dealing with the most unwelcome odors that emanate from your RVs’ holding tanks.
Happy Campers Organic Holding Tank Treatments fall in line with the GEO method getting rid of black and gray holding tank odors. Happy Campers is an all natural and organic product that is both sensitive to your holding tanks yet effective at eliminating odors.
Many RVers debate that the GEO method is not only safer and more environmentally friendly than harsh chemical treatments, but it’s more cost effective too. I personally don’t feel that there’s much of a debate between using Happy Campers or the GEO Method with the alternative of using chemical treatments that simply attempt to mask odor and more often than not decrease the effectiveness of the bacteria working to break down the contents of your holding tank.
In fact, many deoderant/sanitizers do more harm than good. Many of you are already aware that formaldehyde is a common ingredient in holding tank sanitizers; which just kills a septic system.
One thing I couldn’t agree with more is a great point made by Andy J in his post on MyOldRV.com, in which he states;
“A healthy septic system uses bacteria to digest the solids and then the ‘clear’ water is dispersed via field line or sprinklers to be absorbed by the soil. Your RV holding tanks are not a septic system. They are holding tanks — just like a chamber pot.”
Let’s not beat around the bush…
I’ve read all the GEO method articles and DIY posts on how to use home ingredients to stop unwanted odors coming from your RV holding tanks.
Here is my take on two great methods:
1. The GEO Method uses water softener, detergent and bleach. These ingredients are safe household chemicals that will not harm your septic tank and will eliminate odors and keep your tank clean.
2. Happy Campers Holding Tank Treatment is a natural, organic formula that is environmentally friendly and biodegradable, with no formaldehyde. It is safe, clean, easy to use.
1. Based on a product to product comparison the everyday household ingredients used in the GEO method add up to more than you can buy the Happy Campers holding tank treatment or the Happy Campers Extreme Cleaner for.
2. I don’t want to be a home chemist. When I’m traveling I find it’s far quicker and easier to use the Happy Campers’ scoop rather than measuring out several different ingredients to treat my tanks.
3. 1 Ounce of Happy Campers Treats Thirty Gallons in a black holding tank and Costs less than $.53 per treatment.
The Happy Campers Challenge:
We ask you to compare Happy Campers Treatment with anything else available in terms of it’s effectiveness in eliminating your RV Holding tank odor. Then… compare the price and we think you’ll also see the value in the Happy Campers product.